Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yummy

The result of Gnocchi day is below. They were pretty good! Mega filling. I ended up splitting it with my parents so I had ~ 1/3 of the recipe. The serving size was 2 and it was in the category "impressing your date". Impressive but if I had eaten 1/2 of this I would have been in a food comma for the rest of the night so I don't know if this is a good first date food, feeling like a beached whale and all. For any other occasion it was excellent! Here is the actual recipe/parts that I left out. 

3 russet potatoes
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 c flour 

After you complete the instructions I included in my last post, you put the little potato pillows in the fridge till 30 min before meal time. Take them out, let them get to room temp for about 15 min then heat up some butter in a skillet and sauteed them for ~10-12 min until they get a little brown. At this point they smelled SOOOO GOOD. Then just add some marinara and the key ingredient that made them even better was goat cheese! My mom got some awesome kind that just turned nice and smooth when warm. That's it! We had spinach salad with apples and cheese to accompany.

I think I am going to try making sweet potato gnocchi sometime. Next time I am also going to try to use wheat flour instead of white flour. I wanted to stick to the recipe for the first go round though.

No comments: