Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fall = Spicy

It finally happened! I finally got the blender that I have been dreaming of purchasing. Thanks to Target I got it at a heck of a deal too! Let's just hope it is not a  DUD. I have not been able to use it yet because of busy work days and dog sitting priorities but I should have a chance to use it this evening before/after swim practice at 8. I think it will be a great way to get in fruits, veggies and maybe some types of protein powders during the day when I don't feel like eating a salad or being creative. I must admit this has also been spurred on by all of the others blogs I have read and all of the smoothie drinking involved.

After my blender purchase I had to go to Whole Foods to get some things to blend! I bought OJ, kale, zucchini, frozen mango, blueberries, broccoli, strawberries and I think that is it. Since I plan on putting lots of veggies into these things I will need lots of citrus to make it good. I already have some agave that I can add if it needs a little extra sweet. I also stumbled upon a WONDERFUL surprise: pumpkin butter! I was skeptical when I saw it in the store and its price but I know pumpkin has some health benefits and thought it might be a good snack on some mountain crunch bread.



I was right! It is so very good. I really just spread it on toast and it's so flavorful. It just has pumpkin, some sugar and spices added and it really tastes like fall. I love it. I also hit up the bulk food aisle so I could get little baggies of trail mix, those energy nugget things and some nuts.





After all of this healthy food shopping and living all week I was craving some pizza. So last night, after my rest day from working out, LHA and I ordered some Naked Pizza and watched a movie which was very fun. Below is our creation. We got the regular crust that is healthy whole wheat and probiotics, pineapple, black beans and peppers. He put jalapenos on his side but I am a major wimp and didn't eat those...

No comments: