Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

So Excited Right Now

The blender is out of the box and has just accomplished it's first task. I had no idea what I was doing so I pulled out some old freezer burned frozen mango, 2 frozen strawberries, orange juice, half of a whole zucchini I had left over and 3 huge leaves of kale. I put it all in and it looked like this:

Yum right? Ha I was nervous how this would turn out. I pushed the blend and man the 450 watts my blender put out was intense. It was pretty darn loud and blew out a lot of air at the base. But it didn't take off...just ground up all of those goodies, looking like this:










I finally used a few buttons to grind the kale all the way and got to this:
It's pretty good! When I lift it up to take a swig I smell the kale in it but drinking it is like hyped up OJ. Not bad! I already know some things that could make this better like a banana and maybe some more berries. Honestly though I think this will be a great way for me to get some green, leafy veggies in during the day! Honestly any veggie could be thrown in there. YAY! Success. I am also excited to research on some protein powders and mixes to add in for recovery drinks.

No comments: