Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

GETTING STARTED

A fellow triathlete and friend just reminded me of the importance of an online presence when attempting to jump into the serious triathlon scene. So here I am!

Tri for Sight is this weekend and a week from this race I will be on the start line of Vegas 70.3. After qualifying for Vegas back in April this race seemed way into the future with ample training time to get things going. Here I am just having finished my last long work out, a 10 mile run, during which my legs felt like lead. This does not make me feel very positive as I head into a nice long taper but there is nothing I can do now besides eat well, use the grid to stretch, and rest between now and race day. I am actually excited to have more free time without multiple work outs through out my day. I might actually have a clean apartment when I get on the plane to Vegas next Thursday. I need to stay crazy hydrated between now and then as well because the highs in Vegas have been like 108! No humidity but my friend from Tucson was just telling my this morning how you have to drink double water there to even attempt to stay hydrated.

Can't wait!



1 comment:

Shari said...

Congrats on your win and to lha as well! You deserve those icy frappuccinos-go for it......